Next year, guests at Epcot in Florida and Disney California Adventure in California will journey to far-flung lands and fly above some of the world’s most unique natural landscapes and man-made wonders when the new Soarin’ Around the World makes its U.S. debut.
DISNEY VACATION TIPS #8
Have you ever wanted to ride an attraction at a Disney theme park, but had a child or guest with you that cannot ride? Use Rider Switch to have adults take turns waiting with your younger children or people in your party who are unable to ride the attraction. This handy feature allows adult Guests to take turns waiting with youngsters or Guests unable to ride.
How does Rider Switch work? Guests in your party don’t want to board an attraction, you don’t have to miss out. One adult can wait with the non-rider while the rest of the party experiences the attraction. The waiting adult can then board the attraction without having to wait in the regular line again when another adult in the party returns to supervise the child or children who do not ride—either because they do not meet the height requirement or simply do not wish to ride.
To Use Rider Switch:
1. Check that Rider Switch is offered at the attraction in question by asking a Cast Member.
2. Enter the normal queue with your entire party. At least one adult member of your party and the Guest who will not be riding will then be issued a Rider Switch Pass and asked to wait in a designated area. This group is “Party 2.”
3. The remaining party members, “Party 1,” ride the attraction.
4. After riding the attraction, Party 1 locates Party 2. The non-rider is then “switched” to Party 1.
5. Party 2 enters without having to wait in the regular queue a second time and boards the attraction. The Rider Switch Pass must be presented to a Cast Member at this time.
If the person in Party 2 waited alone with the child, he or she may bring one Guest back to ride the attraction with him or her. Please note: Only 2 Guests are allowed per Rider Switch Pass.
For more information regarding this service or questions about planning a Disney vacation, please contact me. I’m happy to help you!
As a former Disney Cast Member and current travel consultant specializing in Disney destinations, I have learned many Disney vacation and travel tips over the years. I’m excited to share some of those tips with you here on our blog. Each week, I will post a new Disney Vacation Tip. Sign up for my Email Updates and never miss one. Also, email me if you have any questions about Disney vacations. I’m happy to help!!!
Look what this app can do for you!
• Check Wait Times: See attraction wait times for Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure Park at a glance.
• Skip the Ticket Lines: Buy park tickets with the app and show your barcode at the gate for admission when you first get to the park! No ticket booth lines to stand in or e-tickets to print out. †
• Exploring Made Easy: Find what you’re looking for quickly with GPS-enabled maps that show your location and the attractions, restaurants, shops and more near you.
• A Plus for Annual Passholders: Link your passes to view blockout calendars and expiration dates. Show your digital pass barcode at the gate for admission when you arrive!*
• Locate Favorite Characters: Get those autograph books ready! You’ll magically know when—and where—Disney Characters are appearing in the parks.
• The Details You Need: See park hours, schedules, accessibility information and descriptions for attractions, entertainment and more.
†Ticket sales are for residents of the United States and Japan only. Ticket prices are in USD.
*Annual Passholders: Don’t Forget to Bring Your Pass!
You’ll still need to show a valid Annual Pass card for FASTPASS tickets, Passholder discounts and more.
Available for iPhone® and smartphones for Android™.
Message, data and roaming rates may apply. Availability subject to handset limitations and features may vary by handset or service provider. Coverage and app stores not available everywhere. If you’re under 18, get your parents’ permission first. The Apple logo and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App StoreSM is a service mark of Apple Inc. Android and Google Play™ are trademarks of Google Inc.
As the story goes, Luigi, tire salesman in Cars Land, has temporarily closed his Casa della Tires to visit family in Italy. Next year, he is returning with some special guests! Luigi has invited all of his cousins from his hometown of Carsoli, Italy, to visit his Casa della Tires. To help celebrate Race Day in Radiator Springs, they will demonstrate the dances of their village with Cars Land guests when the all-new Luigi’s Rollickin’ Roadsters opens early 2016.
Disney Parks Blog shared a way for you to celebrate at home with some of your own favorite memories from Disneyland’s Diamond Celebration. You can upload your personal pictures and videos and make this wonderful video to share.
To see my video, click here. At the end, you can make your own!
Share your videos on my Facebook page! I’d love to see them!
Seen above, the new Disney-Pixar film “Inside Out” is represented as part of the pre-parade before the Pixar Play Parade in Disney California Adventure.
Did you know that “Inside Out” now holds the record as the biggest opening for an original movie in history, topping the previous No. 1 original movie, “Avatar,” by more than $13 million, with $90,440,272 million in domestic box office opening weekend. The film opened Friday, June 19, 2015.
The first phase of the Grizzly Peak Expansion at Disney California Adventure park, the all-new Smokejumpers Grill, opens March 20! This is just the beginning of the expansion, which will bring new building exteriors, landscape features and more – including a visually enhanced experience at Soarin’ Over California.
The first phase of this expansion, the all-new Smokejumpers Grill, opens March 20, 2015. This new quick-service location draws inspiration from the brave men and women who fight wildfires in our California forests. In addition to a whole new look, the location will feature an updated menu with tasty items like a Bacon Cheddar Burger, Grilled Chicken & Jack Sandwich and Chili Cheeseburger.
And this is just the beginning of the Grizzly Peak expansion, which will bring new building exteriors, landscape features and more to the former Condor Flats area. Lush pine trees will bring cool areas of shade will make you feel like you are in California’s High Sierras.
When the rest of the area opens later this spring, Soarin’ Over California will also reopen with updates to its screen and projection system, bringing a visually enhanced experience.
Contact me for Disneyland Resort vacation packages and information about Disneyland’s Diamond Celebration.