DISNEY VACATION TIPS #8
Have you ever wanted to ride an attraction at a Disney theme park, but had a child or guest with you that cannot ride? Use Rider Switch to have adults take turns waiting with your younger children or people in your party who are unable to ride the attraction. This handy feature allows adult Guests to take turns waiting with youngsters or Guests unable to ride.
How does Rider Switch work? Guests in your party don’t want to board an attraction, you don’t have to miss out. One adult can wait with the non-rider while the rest of the party experiences the attraction. The waiting adult can then board the attraction without having to wait in the regular line again when another adult in the party returns to supervise the child or children who do not ride—either because they do not meet the height requirement or simply do not wish to ride.
To Use Rider Switch:
1. Check that Rider Switch is offered at the attraction in question by asking a Cast Member.
2. Enter the normal queue with your entire party. At least one adult member of your party and the Guest who will not be riding will then be issued a Rider Switch Pass and asked to wait in a designated area. This group is “Party 2.”
3. The remaining party members, “Party 1,” ride the attraction.
4. After riding the attraction, Party 1 locates Party 2. The non-rider is then “switched” to Party 1.
5. Party 2 enters without having to wait in the regular queue a second time and boards the attraction. The Rider Switch Pass must be presented to a Cast Member at this time.
If the person in Party 2 waited alone with the child, he or she may bring one Guest back to ride the attraction with him or her. Please note: Only 2 Guests are allowed per Rider Switch Pass.
For more information regarding this service or questions about planning a Disney vacation, please contact me. I’m happy to help you!
As a former Disney Cast Member and current travel consultant specializing in Disney destinations, I have learned many Disney vacation and travel tips over the years. I’m excited to share some of those tips with you here on our blog. Each week, I will post a new Disney Vacation Tip. Sign up for my Email Updates and never miss one. Also, email me if you have any questions about Disney vacations. I’m happy to help!!!